DOES YOUR COMPANY HAVE YOGA CLASSES FOR EMPLOYEES?
Do you want a cheap cost effect way of increasing staff moral, motivation and productivity? The solution… Yoga in the Workplace.
Pepsico, General Electric, AT&T, Nike, HBO, Apple, Merck and GSK, are just some of the companies that recognise the importance of staff wellbeing. And have all offered yoga classes to employees, from ground staff to CEOs.
According to researchers from the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center ‘yoga in conjunction with meditation can indeed relieve stress and improve work performance.’
The work environment in today’s climate is stressful to meet deadlines, production and profits, the physical strains involve sitting hunched at a desk at PC or worse laptops, irregular hours, uncomfortable commutes especially in Dar. All take their toll on health and well-being sometime resulting in reduction of productivity, moral and staff absence.
Yoga can help not only by relieving physical and mental stresses and strains, but by bringing awareness to your posture, stress levels and then equip you with tools to handle any situation.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a low impact gentle form of exercise that has been around for 1000’s of years. It has changed and developed in many forms, but the principles of yoga remain the same. What affects the mind affects the body and vice versa, just think about any area that aches or muscle are tight on your own body, maybe your lower back or shoulders, does this feel worse after a hard day?
What can I expect?
So in a typical yoga class, you work through yoga postures to release physical tension, strengthen and promote flexibility ( just to be clear, you don’t have to be flexible to do yoga.. this is just one of the positive side effects!). we practice breathing techniques to help you breath deeper, increasing oxygen to body and brain and then we end the class with a deep relaxation to really leave you refreshed and rejuvenated.
There are many studies to suggest what millions who practice yoga already know, but here are some of the things that yoga may help;
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
- Reduce lower back pain and muscle tension.
- Increase flexibility, and core strength.
- Increases energy levels reducing fatigue.
- Brings awareness to body and mind, enabling to cope with stress and improving posture.
- Boosts self confidence and creativity.
- Feel calmer, more relaxed and balanced.
What this means to a my company?
Yoga is for all levels, and can easily be incorporated in the office environment,With my experience and other companies report that Yoga has been seen to;
- Increase morale, and confidence in employees.
- Decrease stress and enable employees and managers to handle stress better.
- Reduces fatigue, increases energy and mental alertness.
- Boosts Self confidence, Creativity and Motivation.
- All of which, reduce absentees, high staff turnover increasing productivity.
What we are offering- a once a week yoga class to teach your employees . all we need is a space, spare room/ meeting room even a garden. Contact Andrea on (Tanzania) 0752465637 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org